Monday, August 19, 2013

The Next Step

Today marks both two months in country and my last night in my training community, Santa Rita. For the next few days I'll return to Panama City for a few days of administrative meetings and then on Thursday, I officially become a Peace Corps Volunteer! I'll spend the weekend relaxing with my fellow volunteers and then finish moving my stuff to my community.

My first three months in site will be spent with a new host family. I will work mainly to understand the community through a set of tools known as PACA. I'll focus on creating a daily and yearly schedule of the community, a map, and assess the needs of the community so that I can begin working on projects in the future. During this time, construction will both begin and end on the house I will live in after the first three months.

After those first three months, I'll have established myself within the community and will know what direction to start taking my projects. The remainder of my time in Panama will be to work towards completing the goals set during the first three months.

No comments:

Post a Comment