Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Adapting to the Culture

> Taking showers with a bucket of cold water aren't that bad anymore and I actually tend to look forward to them on days where I'm filthy.

> I've grown to dislike hot showers which I never thought could be possible.

> I no longer see Spanish as something that is "external" and needs to be learned, it quickly becoming a part of who I am.

> I find myself judging foreigners as if I was a Panamanian, wondering what the hell they're doing out here.

> Plate after plate of rice doesn't bother me so much anymore.

> Air conditioning is weird. 

> I've grown homesick for my first host family when I'm out in other parts of the country.

> However, internet will always be like crack to us and I don't believe many of us will be able to break the addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment