Friday, August 2, 2013

Tech Week: The non Technical Part

 
We arrived at the dock and used these boats to get to site.


The dock.

On the way to the site. Gear in the front, gringos in the back.



House I was staying in for the week.

My bed/bedroom

This guy showed up the night after I arrived. Not sure if he was to be dinner or not so I checked the cage every day and he remained there so I didn't end up eating him.

View from the doorway to my house.

Wanted poster. Reward: $70,000

This is what a banana tree looks like.


Houses for a project. They were built to deal with the floods in the area.




Bug bites argh!



Getting painted with jagua. It eventually turns dark and you're left with a "temporary tattoo" for a week or two
 




This picture tells a lot more than it appears to. There was a small cliff that led off into the water. I decided to run and jump off but couldn't use my glasses and it was dark. Ended up running off instead of jumping.

Bought this cool bracelet during the cultural day.


They still use these in the emera communities. Saw a school kid placed in here at one point because he was caught stealing something. Sometimes they put down honey to attract ants or do it in the middle of the hot sun.



A questionable tie down job of our bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment