Sunday, June 9, 2013

Peace Corps Panama Packing List

After reading numerous packing lists from all over, I think I've successfully created my packing list. Hopefully I'll be able to avoid the feeling of leaving X behind on accident or having the brand new $100 pair of Y sitting under my bed after six months with zero use. I believe I've packed on the lighter side, having my total weight come in at around 45 pounds. My hope is that packing on the lighter side will allow for me to pick up more in country and also the travel to my site will be less hectic if I'm carrying 45 pounds instead of 90. Below is my list, I'll definitely revisit this in a few months once I have some time to evaluate my choices.





Item - Quantity - Description

  • Clothing
  • Work Pants with Belt included 2
  • Dress Khakis 1
  • Jeans 1
  • Khaki Shorts 3
  • Gym Shorts 2
  • Dress Belt  1
  • Work Shirts 3
  • Relax Shirts 4
  • Dress Shirts 4
  • Sports Pants 1
  • Long Sleeve Shirts 2
  • Sweatshirt 1
  • Bathing Suit 1
  • High Quality Boxers 3
  • Boxers 8
  • High Quality Socks 3
  • Socks 5
  • Rain Jacket 1
  • Bandanna 1
  • Sarong 1 - Basically a giant bandanna. Very useful for traveling when it's a bit too hot or cold. 
  • Shoes
  • Flip Flops 1
  • Sandals 1
  • Running Shoes 1
  • Sneakers 1
  • Dress Shoes 1
  • Toiletries (One round of toiletries is enough, after that everything should be able to be purchased within Panama)
  • Soap 1
  • Shampoo 1
  • Toothpaste 1
  • Tooth Brush 2
  • Deodorant 1
  • Sunscreen 1
  • Aloe Vera 1
  • Electric Razor 1
  • Razor Oil 1
  • Razors 4
  • Chapstick 1
  • Alergy Medication 1
  • Sleeping Pills 1 - I am generally a terrible sleeper so hopefully this and the next item will help to solve that problem. 
  • Ear Plugs 1
  • Tweezers 1
  • Nail Clippers 1
  • Advil 1
  • Quick Dry Towel 1
  • Backup Glasses 1
  • Free Time
  • Spanish Grammar Book 1
  • Spanish Stories 2
  • GMAT Books 2 This will be brought down next time someone comes to visit. 
  • Playing Cards 2
  • Uno 1
  • Chess 1
  • Fishing Pole and Gear
  • Writing Supplies
  • Notebook 3
  • Day Planner 1 Will either buy one in country or use a notebook. 
  • Pens/Pencils/Colored Pencils
  • Duct Tape 1 Too bulky
  • Technology
  • Asus EEE Laptop - Probably won't be used much. It will mainly be used to transfer data such as pictures from the camera to the Micro SD Cards.
  • Kindle 3G  - Besides being an ebook reader, it comes with free worldwide 3G which will allow me to stay in touch when wifi is unavailable. 
  • Basic Phone - Had this from China and it will work for Panama
  • American Phone - For when I return home
  • Samsung Galaxy Media Player - This will be my main connection to the world. Has long battery life, can play my music and videos stored on the micro SD cards. 
  • 32GB Micro SD Cards 4 - Enough space to hold all of my document backups, music, movies, pictures, and extra space for pictures I take while I'm there. 
  • Head Phones 3
  • Head Lamps 2
  • Camera with Charger
  • Camera SD Cards 3
  • Flash Drives 2
  • Wrist Watch with Alarm
  • Sleep
  • Sleeping Mat
  • Sleeping Bag
  • Important Docs
  • Family Photos
  • WHO Cards
  • Immunization List
  • Staging Docs
  • Other
  • Laundry Bag
  • Money Belt
  • World Map
  • Leatherman
  • Zip Bloc Bags
  • Water Bottle
  • Family Presents

No comments:

Post a Comment