Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Detour to Chiang Mai

After spending almost three weeks in small towns and the middle of nowhere, arriving in Bangkok was a tad bit overwhelming. Since I wasn't set to meet my family for three more days, I took off to Chiang Mai to wait for their arrival.

I randomly picked this guest house because it sounded interesting. As soon as I walked in I fell in love with the place but was told the three rooms were taken. After sitting for a bit and talking with everyone one of the rooms became available and I got to stay here.
Spent the first day just wondering around and encountered some interesting things such as this sign. 


I ended up in a park where one of the other people staying in the hotel was doing acrobatic yoga. I should have gotten better pictures because some of the poses were crazy.

There were a group of guys playing this sport, not sure exactly what was going on but it seemed like the aim was to juggle a ball similar to a soccer ball and try and get it into one of the three hoops hoisted about twenty feet up in the air. 
One of the best things about this guest house was that dinner was included six nights a week so I was always back for dinner. 

Some dessert with fruit and dairy something or other.
Here are a bunch of lizards hanging out in a light, catching bugs for dinner. I loved these little guys and they were everywhere.

Decided to spend my last day doing a Thai cooking class. Here we are picking up some ingredients...




Successfully cooking fish balls, similar to American meat balls.
Saw this on my way to the train station, try and figure out what's wrong here.

No comments:

Post a Comment