Thursday, July 11, 2013

Packing List Follow Up

After being here for about three weeks, I already have some opinions of stuff I packed and didn't pack. The original packing list can be found here.

In general, don't pack stuff you wouldn't use in the US. I packed several pairs of moisture wicking boxer-briefs, I use boxers. I put on the first pair, within minutes I changed back to boxers... ~$30 wasted.

As far as toiletries go, you don't really need to bring much because you can buy almost anything. I'd recommend bringing at least a toothbrush, toothpaste, and deodorant to remain fresh during the first day of training and the flight.

Bring dress pants that double as casual pants. I'd recommend plain khakis that you'd wear on your days off. Don't expect proper black dress pants to be used past the first day. It can get hot.

If you plan on living with kids, activities to do with them including Spanish books of your reading level are great. Last minute I left those behind and regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment