Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The English Corner

Can you tell the difference between "listen" and "hear"? I can't, but still managed to get picked as the resident English teacher at work. Two weeks ago, the idea of the English Corner, was first introduced to me. Two hours a week, after lunch, I would co-lead my colleagues in improving their English. With no proper training of any sort, I went into it the best I could. The first meeting went rather awkwardly with no real direction but each subsequent meeting has show great improvement. At first I didn't take initiative but quickly realized, as the native English speaker, the harder I try the more I can help them learn. To assist in advancing their English knowledge, this upcoming Thursday I'll be introducing the "American/Chinese Culture Exchange," where I introduce my coworkers to the likes of Caddyshack, The Terminator, and other fine works of art that America has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment