Monday, October 13, 2014

Hobby Update: This Blog, Photography, Spanish, and GMATs

Since this blog falls under the header of hobbies, I'd throw that in with this post. I've decided to update the layout a bit and make this page and the other blog linked above, which I'll talk about later, my "website", Whatever that exactly means I'm not sure yet. I'm hoping to get back into regular writing and will try to aim for a post a week. Slow and steady instead of trying to unload 3 posts at once and nothing for another month. 

To continue on, about the other blog, I've setup a new page to document my best photography. That link is at the top of the page under "My Photos Of". I've also submitted a photos to National Geographic which you can check out here.

This past month, I lucked out and got the chance to take a language proficiency exam mid service to help the language instructors as Peace Corps get recertified. There are ten rankings in total. Beginner, intermediate, advanced, and then 3 sub levels of each of those 3 levels being low, medium, and high. Finally, superior is the highest level. As of today, I am officially ranked as advanced low. It'll probably take me another year, or years to achieve the next level but it's great to have come this far.


Finally, I've been eyeing business school as a follow up to Peace Corps. Committing way too much of my free time to reading, doing problems, making flash cards, etc to prepare for the GMAT but hopefully it'll all be worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment